Things Today That I Have Seriously Considered Crying About:
- getting out of bed
- completely average workday request from co-worker
- calling verizon (note: this might not technically belong on this list, as this task causes me to repeatedly beg passers-by to shoot me in the face, even when i’m in the best of moods)
- decision not to buy a soda to drink with my lunch
- realization that america’s next top model isn’t on for another two days
- realization that while i claim to be disgusted with the sheer stupidity of reality tv, in reality (sorry) i adore it
- realization that i may be a shallow, hypocritcal dummy who can’t appreciate the sublte nuances of a cleverly written script
- realization that i don’t have any sort of plan for my life, other than giving up all my belongings and leaving the country for two years so that i can come back and start over again when i am practically thirty.
Things Today That Have Made Me (Momentarily) Sublimely Happy:
- pumpkin bread from the evil starbucks
- fact that above pumpkin bread was free (hence the trip to the evil starbucks, as opposed to the lovely uptown espresso, with their foam that really is velvety)
- co-worker admiring said pumpkin bread (seriously. she said ‘oh, that looks good’ and instantly, i felt a ray of god dammed sunshine in my heart. because today i am apparently both that bored and that unstable.)
- fleeting thoughts of james bond, as portrayed by daniel craig. now, as a rule i am not into beefy men. but holy mother of pearl! did you get a look at his biceps? i hope he has a permit for those guns.
- realization that i watched a BBC produced documentary type reality tv show last night for three hours, which totally negates the above worry about dumbness. The BBC! They are smart! And interested in stuff! That happens other places!
- this shirt
Things Today That Made Me Sublimely Happy, Shortly Before I Considered Crying About Them:
- this shirt being sold out in the size i needed
Batten down your hatches folks. She’s not over yet.