Today I feel like nothing exciting has ever happened to me, and like nothing exciting ever will. There is no reason for this feeling. In fact, I have every reason to feel the opposite. Observe the following reasons that I should not feel like mold:
- I had a good weekend, which included the following:
- The O.C. (My new favorite show. I tried to resist, but you know what they say about that.)
- Annie Hall
- A hearty stew, prepared by The Lovely Miss Q, and possibly also O-N. He was in the kitchen when I got there, but I can’t testify to his actual level of involvment.
- I drew this:
during a game of Cranium, (the clue was ‘Person’) and somehow TLMQ was able to guess INSTANTLY that the answer was Picasso, despite the fact that it could not look less like anything Picasso has ever drawn, AND the fact that across the coffee table O-N was doing a much more respectable job. I wish there had been a camera present to document this epic moment in board game history, BECAUSE THAT IS HOW AWESOME IT WAS.
- (This bullet point, much like my malaise, will not go away. Do your best to ignore it.)
- I stitched, and I bitched.
- I ate french toast for breakfast.
- My glasses are no longer on back-order.
- Tonight I will cook something called ‘Canadian Meat Pie’ for dinner.
I should feel great! Life is good! And yet.
It sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Mondays, and God Dammit, that somebody is me.