- They do have cheese in Cameroon. Laughing Cow cheese, which apparently has a half-life similar to carbon. Ironically, I currently only buy Laughing Cow cheese when it’s on sale or I’m feeling especially Rockefelleresque.
- I came across a blog yesterday where someone listed their weird celebrity crushes. It got me thinking about how attractive I think Ed Harris is. Also it’s possible I would marry Billy Crystal given the right formula of beer and opportunity.
- My obsession with all things Jenny Lewis is unwavering though. I have a lot of love to give.
- There are 63 days left until I quit my job, and 85 until I leave the country.
- I watched Coal Miners Daughter for the first time the other night. Did you know Sissy Spasek does all the singing herself? And that she actually started out her career as a country singer called ‘Rainbo’? Me either.
- Did you know you can’t drink in Seattle parks? Alcohol, I mean. Also I believe the city has passed a moratorium on both fun and games.
- Winston Churchill ate a piece of yarn of unknown length last night. I caught him just as he sucked up the last bit like a piece of periwinkle spaghetti. I’m assuming that’s not good. Or maybe he’s just started a long term project to fancy up his litter box.
- In other food news, have you ever heard of these? Me either. I’m going to do my best to eat one, though.
- Lives are changing all around me—my own included. I always thought my early 20s would be my most volatile years. Sometimes it’s great to be wrong.